Sunday, February 15, 2009

I'm Conflicted

I don't know what to do. This weekend I got notification that one of the local theaters is having an audition tomorrow. The name of the play is "What's Wrong With This Picture?" I am not sure if being in a play would be too much of a hassle right at the moment. Work is pretty stable, that shouldn't be a problem. My wife is struggling with her work, so that might be.
On the other hand, the play has a small cast and the only part I would be likely to be considered for is the main role. This means that there would be a lot of competition, and I most likely wouldn't get the role, but also, if I did, I would probably have to invest a lot of time.
This particular audition has one other thing to consider. This is for the Generic Theater, which means it would be a paid gig. (Not paid like a professional gig, but I would get a paycheck.) I haven't done any acting since this summer due to my work schedule.
So, all in all, I am conflicted. I think, most likely, I will skip it, but I don't know.
Maybe I should talk it over with my wife. Now, there's a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment